Saturday, May 21, 2011

Vintage Shadow Box

Hello all you beautiful bloggers!!!
I wanted to share with you this shadow box I created! I’ve had this box in my stash for…okay I hate to admit it…a couple years!! Sad I know! The box actually held a wood bird feeder kit.
Anyways, I painted the box white and after it was completely dry and I took a sanding block and sanded all the edges! I then used a felt piece with my distress ink (vintage photo) and lightly inked some spots all over the box. This gave it a vintage antique feel.
I really enjoyed making this and love how it turned out!! My wonderful husband actually got involved also! Majority of the pieces in the box are real antiques that were found at our local antique shops! It’s one of our favorite things to do together!
Okay…I will give you a run down of exactly what is inside the box. We will start with the top. There is a vintage flash card in the corner with a “shoe” on the front, some old wooden spools, and a rusty old pair of sewing scissors (this is my favorite piece!), The frame is actually something I picked up at Michael’s and then just used my alcohol inks (Copper & Pearl) on it. The photo in the frame came from Melissa Frances packaging! Isn’t she just too cute! The flower is handmade using a vintage sheet of music! And then the envelope is another piece I found at the antique shop…it’s dated from 1952 so I had to add it to the box! Love it!! Oh, and before I forget…the background is again some vinage sheet music!!

The birdhouse is just one of those $1 finds you can pick up at JoAnns. I added some moss, flowers, bling, buttons, and some stems of gold and pearl berries. The butterfly was found in the wedding section at Hobby Lobby but I’m sure you can find something very similar at your local craft store! Lots of sanding and distress ink was added to the birdhouse also to give it the same vintage feel.

Okay, so down at the bottom left hand side! I used a piece of Webster’s Pages for the background…just love that dress form!! A beautiful gerber daisy sits on the bottom with a silver lid I used as a mini shadow that holds some old 1 cent stamps and a key. The large door plate is actually an extra one that came from my house (which is 102 years old)…so I had to use it!! The white paint on it was already there. I added the small doorknob.

Last section! The background has a new bingo “Journey” card (not sure what brand or collection it came from sorry) and then a real vintage Bingo card (the blue one). I have some older clothes pins clustered on one of the sides with a small frame leaning against them. This frame came from my wonderful Aunt Ginger (Thank You!!) and I just used my copper color alcohol ink. An old “dimes” money roll is also in the back and then my vintage dice! Like I said in the beginning of my post…my husband found majority of the antique pieces for this project so a HUGE “Thank You” to him also!!








Thanks for stopping by...and feel free to ask me any questions you may have!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping at my blog!!
I always enjoy reading the comments you leave!!

HUGS,
Jackie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin